Parent Advisory Councils (PAC)
Parent Advisory Councils (PAC) are the officially recognized voice of parents at the school level, providing an opportunity for parents and guardians to advise on school programs, policies, plans and activities. The purpose of PAC is to support, encourage and improve the quality of education and well being of students. All parents and guardians of children in the school are voting members of the school PAC. The PAC meets on a regular basis to consider School issues of Interest and concern to parents.
- Advise the principal and staff on parents' views on any matter relating to the school- programs, policies, plans and activities.
- Communicate with parents in accessing the system and provide advocacy support for parents and their children.
- Assist parents in accessing the system and provide advocacy support for parents and their children.
- Organize PAC activities and events to support the school.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the school by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members.
For more information on the BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils, click here.