New to Canada

Welcome to Canada and the Delta School District!

The Delta Settlement Workers in Schools program is a free, school-based service for any family member who has immigrated to Canada and requires settlement support.

Services offered include:

  • Needs assessments
  • Information and orientation
  • Connect to community services

Please contact us if you need assistance:

Student Registration Process for Families in Canada with a Work Permit or Study Permit

To register for school please first share the following information with the Assistant Superintendent’s Office:

  • Proof of Employment for Work Permit Holder
    • Verification of Employment Letter and/or a copy of most recent paystub
  • Proof of Enrolment at a recognized post-secondary institution for Study Permit Holder
    • proof of registration
  • Proof of Residency
    • rental agreement or mortgage agreement
    • Secondary proof may be required
  • Children’s Birth Certificate

This information can be shared by emailing at The Assistant Superintendent’s office can be reached at at 604-952-5346. Once this information is processed, the Assistant Superintendent’s office will advise on next steps in the school registration process.