Welcome to Canada and the Delta School District!
The Delta Settlement Workers in Schools program is a free, school-based service for any family member who has immigrated to Canada and requires settlement support.
Services offered include:
- Needs assessments
- Information and orientation
- Connect to community services
Please contact us if you need assistance:
Student Registration Process for Families in Canada with a Work Permit or Study Permit
To register for school please first share the following information with the Assistant Superintendent’s Office:
- Proof of Employment for Work Permit Holder
- Verification of Employment Letter and/or a copy of most recent paystub
- Proof of Enrolment at a recognized post-secondary institution for Study Permit Holder
- proof of registration
- Proof of Residency
- rental agreement or mortgage agreement
- Secondary proof may be required
- Children’s Birth Certificate
This information can be shared by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Assistant Superintendent’s office can be reached at at 604-952-5346. Once this information is processed, the Assistant Superintendent’s office will advise on next steps in the school registration process.