During the 2010/2011 school year, the Delta School District embarked on a journey to truly identify its future direction. All schools and school sites took part in a visioning process where they were asked to define their Big Bold Vision. Students, teachers, parents, and staff actively came together under the direction of a professional facilitator to brainstorm and narrow their focus. A graphic artist captured the ideas in drawings along the way. In the end, a concrete mission, vision and set of values were determined.
The Delta School District is a leading district for innovative teaching and learner success.
- Students are engaged through stimulating, relevant and inspiring educational experiences that ignite a lifelong passion for learning.
- Multiple pathways to learner success
- Sustainable, accessible technology supports innovative instruction
- Education takes place in all parts of the community
- Teachers work collegially to use best practices
- Learners are fully prepared and empowered to contribute their personal best to society and become tomorrow’s citizens and leaders.
- Engaged and inspired learners achieve success
- Delta graduation rates soar!
- Well-rounded global citizens emerge from our schools
- Our schools nurture caring relationships, connections and a sense of belonging to our local and global communities.
- Safe and supportive learning community
- A culture of inclusion
To enable all learners to succeed and contribute their full potential to the future.
Caring, Respect, Responsibility, Community, and Excellence
CARING: Compassion, Empathy, Acceptance, Dedication
RESPECT: Equality, Fairness, Dignity, Inclusion, Trust
RESPONSIBILITY: Integrity, Accountability, Social Responsibility, Safety
COMMUNITY: Teamwork, Partnership & Collaboration, Connectedness
EXCELLENCE: Innovation, Creativity, Achievement, Engagement