- This event has passed.
Teen Summer Short Story Writing Contest June 21-July 26
June 21 @ 12:00 am
The George Mackie Library is launching a Teen Summer Short Story Writing Contest.
The contest invites young writers to submit a short story about any hero. Teens have a chance to find prizes and have their story shared in print or online.
Teens in grade 7-12 (ages 13-19)
Contest runs June 21 to July 26, 2019
- Each short story must be an original work by the submitting author
- Entrants can enter a maximum of one short story
- The short stories must be no longer than 2000 words
- Short stories will not be critiqued or returned so please keep a copy
- By entering this contest, you acknowledge that FVRL has permission to use your story in print or online if you are the winner
HOW TO ENTER
Please type or neatly write your submissions and drop them off at the George Mackie Library help desk or email them to email@example.com
Submissions must include your name, grade, email and phone number (either or both). This information is for the purposes of contacting the author, and contact information will only be kept for the duration of the contest.
Winners will be selected from two age categories: Younger Teens (grades 7-9) and Older Teens (grades 10-12). Each winner will receive a $50 gift certificate for Chapters or Cineplex and a book of their choice (from the library).
Submit your story by 9 pm, July 26, 2019.
For more information, please contact Minakshi Sidhu, Community Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-594-8155.