DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT (2021)
February 25 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
January 25 – Fraser Health COVID-19 School Update – Winter 2021
January 2 – Message from Board Chair Val Windsor
- Delta School District COVID-19 Safety Plan (Updated February 2021)
- Daily Health Check (Updated February 2021) (Translated versions: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Punjabi)
- Visit the BCCDC website for information on the Daily Health Check and information on whether you need a COVID test.
- School Exposures: Please visit the Fraser Health website for possible exposures to COVID-19 within schools. Click here to learn about the process of contact tracing in schools.
- Provincial COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings (Updated March 30, 2021)
- BCCDC COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools (Updated Feb 4, 2021)
- Addendum – BCCDC Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools (March 30, 2021)
- BC Centre for Disease Control K-12 Schools and COVID-19 website (includes links to FAQs for Parents and Staff)
- Fraser Health School Resources for Parents and Teachers
- Ministry of Education’s Safe Schools website
- Ministry of Education’s Keep Learning website
- You can find updated COVID-19 testing numbers on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION COMMUNICATIONS
February 4 – News release: Enhanced Safety Measures for K-12 Schools (includes links to Chinese, French, Hindi and Punjabi translations)
December 17 – Letter from the Honourable Jennifer Whiteside, Minister of Education
September 4 – Back to School Factsheet
September 2 – News release: Enhanced mental health programs support a safe return to school
On July 29, 2020, Minister Fleming and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Henry announced plans to safely bring K-12 students back to school full time in September as the province moves to Stage 2 of B.C.’s Education Restart Plan.
PREVIOUS COMMUNICATION FROM DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT (July – Dec 2020)
November 10 – Message to families from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
September 16 – Update to families: COVID-19 protocols
September 1 – Update to families
Friday, August 21 – Today, Delta School District submitted its draft back to school plan to the Ministry of Education for approval. Once approved by the Ministry, we will share full details of our plan with families. This will happen no later than Wednesday, August 26. Please look out for an email from the school district next week as it will contain detailed information on our plan. In addition, we will post this information here on our COVID-19 related webpage. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
- Elementary School Schedule (Fall 2020)
- Secondary School Schedule (Fall 2020)
- Learning Options for Families (Fall 2020)
- Delta District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Survey Responses (Fall 2020)
Please visit our COVID-19-related Archived Information page for all communications issued to parents/guardians by the school district and province during the 2019/2020 school year.
COVID-19 PREVENTION RESOURCES
There are many things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your community. Please visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website for preventative measures and actions you can take to stay healthy. Below are links to helpful posters and factsheets:
- Physical distancing information
- Physical distancing poster – English / Chinese / Punjabi / Farsi / French
- Hand washing poster
- Hand sanitizer poster
- Be prepared factsheet
- Do not enter if you are sick or required to self-isolate poster
- Care for yourself and others
- Tips for residents of apartments and other multi-unit buildings
- Cleaning and disinfecting public settings
HEALTH CARE SERVICES
The Provincial Health Officer advises anyone who is concerned that they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to contact their primary care provider or call 811. Translation services for 811 are available in more than 130 languages.
The Government of BC has also established a non-medical information hotline at 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week and information is available in more than 110 languages.
Additionally, you can use the COVID-19 self-assessment tool by visiting https://covid19.thrive.health/ If you have symptoms, you can call 8-1-1 to pre-arrange testing. If you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, self-isolate.
The Fraser Health Crisis Line provides immediate, free, and confidential emotional support, crisis intervention and community resource information to people of all ages, 24 hours a day – everyday.
Call 604 951 8855 / 1 877 820 7444