DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS
January 10, 2022 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
Delta School District Communicable Disease Prevention Plan (Updated January 2022)
January 4, 2022 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
SCHOOL DISTRICT VENTILATION SYSTEMS
Our Facilities team works hard to ensure that all mechanical heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are designed, operated and maintained to help increase the amount of clean air entering our schools, classroom and other district sites. Our systems meet or exceed the recommended standards. We continue to run our ventilation at full capacity, as we maximize the circulation of clean air at each school.
Please click on the link below to access overviews of the systems at each school and district site.
MINISTRY AND FRASER HEALTH COMMUNICATIONS
January 14, 2022 – Message from Fraser Health to Families
December 17 – Letter from Minister Whiteside
November 26 – Vaccination information for Children 5-11 years old
- Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings (Updated October 1, 2021)
- Addendum – Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings (December 29, 2021)
- BCCDC Public Health Communicable Disease Guidance for K-12 Schools (Updated October 1, 2021)
- Addendum – Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools (December 29, 2021)
- BC’s K-12 Education Recovery Plan
- Fraser Health: What to do if you test positive for COVID-19
- Fraser Health: What to do if you come into close contact with someone with COVID-19
- BCCDC Resource: Children and COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Information on COVID-19 Vaccinations for children from Immunize BC
- Fraser Health School Exposures
- Ministry of Education’s Safe Schools website
- BCCDC School COVID-19 Information
- Contact Tracing in Schools Infographic
- BCCDC Contact Tracing in Schools Guidance
- Fraser Health School Resources for Parents and Teachers
- Ministry of Education’s Keep Learning website
- Visit the BCCDC website for information on the Daily Health Check and information on whether you need a COVID test.
COVID-19 PREVENTION RESOURCES
There are many things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your community. Please visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s website for preventative measures and actions you can take to stay healthy.
HEALTH CARE SERVICES
The Provincial Health Officer advises anyone who is concerned that they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to contact their primary care provider or call 811. Translation services for 811 are available in more than 130 languages.
The Government of BC has also established a non-medical information hotline at 1-888-COVID19. Phone lines are open 7 days a week and information is available in more than 110 languages.
Additionally, you can use the COVID-19 self-assessment tool by visiting https://covid19.thrive.health/ If you have symptoms, you can call 8-1-1 to pre-arrange testing. If you have symptoms associated with COVID-19, self-isolate.
The Fraser Health Crisis Line provides immediate, free, and confidential emotional support, crisis intervention and community resource information to people of all ages, 24 hours a day – everyday.
Call 604 951 8855 / 1 877 820 7444