The Board of Education will continue to use video conferencing technology to hold its Regular Public Board Meetings in 2021/2022 until further notice.
The next Regular Public Board Meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 28.
The link for each Regular Public Board meeting will be posted on the board meetings page of the district’s website by 5pm on the day of the board meeting.
- The meeting agenda will be posted on the district’s website no later than the Monday immediately preceding the Board meeting.
- A question period* of no more than 30 minutes will be provided at the end of each Board meeting.
- Our education partners (DTA, CUPE, DPVPA and DPAC) and local media outlets (Delta Optimist and North Delta Reporter) will be able to ask questions via a Zoom conference call.
- Members of the public can submit questions for the Board to address during the question period by sending an email to email@example.com at any time before the meeting begins, or during the Regular Meeting up until the start of the question period.
- Questions from the public will be read out at the Board meeting by a school district staff member that is participating via the Zoom conference call.
*The purpose of the question period is to ensure that the public has an opportunity to ask questions relating to an agenda topic. The question, along with the name of the person that submitted it, will be read out and answered during the question period in the order that it is received. As we believe in the importance of communicating with the public, all members of the community are encouraged to submit questions.
If you or your group would like to make a presentation to the Board, please contact Shaney Labrosse at 604-952-5340 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A written submission would be preferred at this time, however we can accommodate in-person delegations or delegations via the Zoom conference call if preferred.
The Delta School Board wishes to extend its appreciation to all members of the SD37 community who are interested in Board meeting proceedings despite the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to the time when we can all meet together in person again without the need for the COVID-19-related health and safety measures.