Career & Apprenticeship Programs
Career development is one of the three goals of the education system in British Columbia. Informed planning is key to a successful transition from secondary school. The various programs provide students with current and relevant information about career options and are designed to enhance the goal of career development. The following information acts as a guide for parents and teachers as they support students through a successful transition to post-secondary life.
Secondary school graduates should have developed:
- Competencies to be self-directed, responsible individuals who can set and meet career goals
- Knowledge of a range of career choices, and actions needed to pursue those choices
- Employability skills required to work effectively and collaboratively in a workplace
Career Education is designed to address the goal of transition to the workplace or further education and training. Programs are geared to meet a wide-range of learner needs:
- explore different careers
- prepare for further education and training in a career area
- get a head start on technical training
For further information, please contact your school’s career staff.
Career Transitions & Applied Skills