The Delta Board of Education meets formally once a month as our designated means of transacting Board business.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have tried various formats for the meetings and will continue to refine the process to make the Board meetings as open to the public as possible, while ensuring the health and safety of all participants.
In adherence with current provincial health orders, there is no in-person attendance at Board meetings currently. The public Board meeting process is held entirely online.
Attendance via Zoom conference call
- The Board of Trustees, Superintendent of Schools, Secretary-Treasurer and members of the Executive Team will participate via a Zoom conference call.
- Each of our partner groups (DTA, CUPE, DPVPA and DPAC) and local media outlets (Delta Optimist and North Delta Reporter) will also be invited to participate via the Zoom conference call.
- To reduce the risk of Zoom bombing (an unwanted, disruptive intrusion into the video conference call), the Zoom conference call link will not be shared outside of the above participants.
Live stream on YouTube
- For members of the public, the meetings will be streamed live on YouTube.
Next meeting: September 28, 2021
Agenda and Question period
- The meeting agenda will be posted on the district’s website no later than the Monday immediately preceding the Board meeting.
- A question period* of no more than 30 minutes will be provided at the end of each Board meeting.
- Our education partners (DTA, CUPE, DPVPA and DPAC) and local media outlets (Delta Optimist and North Delta Reporter) will be able to ask questions via the Zoom conference call.
- Members of the public can submit questions for the Board to address during the question period by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time before the meeting begins, or during the Regular Meeting up until the start of the question period.
- Questions from the public will be read out at the Board meeting by a school district staff member that is participating via the Zoom conference call.
*The purpose of the question period is to ensure that the public has an opportunity to ask questions relating to an agenda topic. The question, along with the name of the person that submitted it, will be read out and answered during the question period in the order that it is received. As we believe in the importance of communicating with the public, all members of the community are encouraged to submit questions.
If you or your group would like to make a presentation to the Board, please contact Shaney Labrosse at 604-952-5340 or email email@example.com. A written submission would be preferred at this time, however, we can accommodate in-person delegations or delegations via the Zoom conference call if preferred.
The Delta School Board wishes to extend its appreciation to all members of the SD37 community who are interested in Board meeting proceedings despite the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to the time when we can all meet together in person again without the need for the COVID-19-related health and safety measures.