Please refer to course areas (Adult Foundations, High School Completion) for more specific details about other Registration Policies.
Fees Payable At Time of Registration
All tuition fees are payable at time of registration. In fairness to others, payment is required to reserve a space in class. GST is included in all fees for which it is required.
No Confirmation of Registration Is Sent
Official receipts will be distributed at your first class. No confirmation of enrollment will be mailed to you, so please mark your calendar. If you register on-line, please print and retain your confirmation page.
Courses May Be Cancelled
Delta Continuing Education reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrolment, or due to the unavailability of teachers or facilities. In such cases, registrants will be notified by telephone and a full refund will be given.
Withdrawing From A Class and Refunds
An administration fee of $20 for non-academic or $40 for academic programs will be charged on your withdrawal. Refunds may not be available for supplies or other non-tuition costs. Refunds are not given for forgotten or missed classes, so please mark your calendar. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for refunds to be processed. Refunds do not include the cost of books, supplies, or other non-tuition costs.
NSF Cheque Charges Apply
A fee of $20 applies to all cheques returned NSF and all credit cards that are declined. Service charges are imposed on Delta School District for each such occurrence and must be passed on to the cheque-issuer or credit card holder.
Upcoming Class Postponements/ Holidays
Regular school holidays, including statutory holidays, Christmas holidays, and Spring Break, apply to Continuing Education classes as well.
Finding Course Locations
Detailed directions and maps to all Delta schools may be found at www.deltasd.bc.ca (click on the “Schools” tab).
Cancellations Due To Extreme Weather or Community Emergency
Classes may be cancelled in extreme weather conditions or due to a major community emergency. If Delta schools are closed during the day, please assume that classes will be postponed that evening. Check your local radio stations for school cancellation information, or www.deltasd.bc.ca.
Income Tax Tuition Deductions
Delta School District, Continuing Education Branch is certified by Employment and Social Development Canada. Only courses of a qualifying duration that furnish a person with skills for an occupation are eligible for Tuition and/or Education Amount tax credits. Please consult Canada Revenue Agency (www.cra-arc.gc.ca) for specific details.
Registration for Specific Training Programs
Please note that some programs have specific application processes. These include Academy Programs, the Delta Teaching Assistant Certificate program, the Early Childhood Education Basic, Home Quest, LINC, and Summer High School Completion courses. Please search for your specific program of interest for more details.
Web-site Links Provided for Information Only
Any inclusion of a URL address to a web-site not directly affiliated with Delta School District is meant only as a source for additional information about a specific course or instructor for potential students. Such inclusion does not imply that Delta School Districts recommends or endorses any commercial product or service which may be promoted anywhere on that site.
Privacy Statement: Collecting and Using Personal Information
Any personal information provided to Delta School District is collected and used in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Delta Continuing Education collects and uses personal information only for the purposes reasonably required in order for it to carry on its operations and maintain appropriate records, including the following:
- To maintain contact information of registrants
- To improve services, programs, and communications strategies, including occasional direct promotion of services or courses to the community.
- To record attendance, marks, and evaluations, as well as other information required for specific programs or services.
- To assess, maintain, and improve on-line services.
With its on-line services, Delta Continuing Education is committed to protecting the security of personal information by using a variety of technologies and procedures to prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Transmission of sensitive information (such as a credit card number) over the internet is protected through the use of state-of-the-art encryption.
In general, Delta Continuing Education does not rent, sell, or share personal information about registrants with other people or organizations. In addition, instructors and staff are required to respect and protect the confidentiality of all student lists and information, and may not use such information to contact students other than about matters directly related to the course or other Delta Continuing Education issues.
Recordings In Class Prohibited
Please respect privacy rights and copyright laws when considering any form of recording in class or on practicum. Taking photos, videos, or audio recordings of instructors, classmates, practicum settings, or in-class activities is strictly prohibited without the prior consent of the instructor and students (in the case of adults) or parents (in the case of students below the age of consent).
- By phone: 604-940-5550 with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Visa debit card.
- In person: At the Continuing Education Office, 4750 – 57th Street, Ladner. Office Hours: Monday Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, cheque, cash, and Visa debit card are accepted. Payment by other debit cards is not available.
- Online registration: https://cimsweb.deltasd.bc.ca/publicconnect/deevents.aspx. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Visa debit card are accepted.
- Creating an Online Account: You can set up an on-line account so that future registrations will be easier and all the courses you take with Delta Continuing Education are tracked and viewable from your account. If you are a new user, just click the “Create Account” button on the home page prior to your first registration.
- Registering as a Guest: If you do not want to create an account, you may register as a Guest so that no demographic or course history is retained. To register as a Guest, simply click “Sign In” when you are ready to register, and click “Continue As A Guest”. (If you place yourself on a course Waitlist as a Guest, your demographic information will be stored long enough so that we can let you know if a space opens up.)
For details on registration policies:
You must register in person at the following locations with valid documents and picture ID:
Delta Community College
11590 83rd Avenue, North Delta
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am -12:00 pm
Monday – Thursday: 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Delta Manor Education Centre
4750 57th Street, Ladner
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
For more details about registration for High School Completion courses:
Delta Community College
11590 83rd Avenue, North Delta
On-going registration. Please phone for an appointment.
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Friday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
For more details about registration for Adult Foundations courses: