MATERIALS PERMITTED ARE SPECIFIED IN THIS DOCUMENT
No other materials are allowed
- No papers will be allowed for rough work.
- Items such as cellular phones, pagers, and wrist watch alarms are not permitted.
- You will be asked to store all bags and unauthorized materials at the front of the room during the examination. Please do not bring unnecessary materials to the examination. Delta School District will not be responsible for items lost or stolen.
- You should arrive at least 20 minutes before the start of the examination. If you are late, your work might not be accepted.
- For examinations longer than one hour, you are not allowed to leave the examination room, for any reason, until one hour after the published starting time. If you are allowed to leave before the end of the examination, you will not be allowed to return.
- You may not borrow anything from another student/candidate during the examination.
- Washroom breaks will not be permitted once the examination has been started.
- You may wish to dress in layers to ensure your comfort during the examination.
MATERIALS NOT PERMITTED
Computers, data banks, correction fluid, or “liquid paper”, rough paper or scratch pad. Dictionaries are not permitted for language examinations.
All students are permitted to bring the following:
- pens (black or blue ink is recommended)
- pencils (extra lead if using mechanical pencil)
Conduct in Examinations
Students – Please read carefully before attending an examination.
- You must present your photo identification to the examination supervisor at the examination sign-in procedure. If you fail to do so, you may not be allowed to write the examination.
- If you arrive late within the first half hour of the examination, you will be permitted to write the examination but you will not be allowed any extra time. If you arrive after the first half hour, you will be permitted to write the examination provided that no other candidate has left the examination room, but you will be required to give your reason for the lateness and extra time is not allowed. The Delta School District reserves the right to refuse to accept the examination submitted by such a candidate.
- You must sign the examination attendance register when you receive the examination and sign the register again when you turn in the examination and leave the room
- You may only have access to authorized materials as stated on the attached requirements sheet during the examination. All other materials are not authorized and must be placed against the wall at the front of the examination room or as directed by the examination supervisor.
- You may not open the examination envelope until you are instructed to do so. You may complete the outside of the envelope before the timer begins.
- Tell the Invigilator at once if you think you have not been given the right question paper or all the materials listed on the front of the paper, or, if the question paper is incomplete or badly printed.
- You are not permitted to leave the examination room for any reason during the first hour of the examination period. If you leave before the end of the examination, you will not be allowed to return.
- NOTE: There will be no washroom breaks permitted.
- No new candidates may enter the examination as latecomers if anyone has left the examination room.
- All examination papers and all answer booklets, used or unused, or any other supplied materials, MUST be returned in the examination envelope and handed in to the examination supervisor when leaving the examination. Failure to do so could result in a penalty.
- You are not permitted to talk, eat, drink, smoke, use pagers or cellular phones, or make unnecessary noise in the examination room.
Any form of cheating or misconduct will not be tolerated by the Delta School District. Misconduct includes any form of cheating or breach of conduct rules, as above. Cheating consists of, but is not limited to, obtaining information or academic advantages by fraud or deceit. For example, no student shall exchange information with another student in the course of an examination, use unauthorized materials in the course of an examination, represent/impersonate another in the taking of an examination, or other similar activities. Penalties for misconduct will include, but are not limited to, assignment of a grade of ‘0’ and additional penalties as determined to be appropriate.
The Delta School District in collaboration with the Coast-Metro Challenge Consortium is offering the following courses for Language Challenge exams:
- French 11/12
- Japanese 11/12
- Korean 11/12
- Mandarin 11/12
- Punjabi 11/12
- Spanish 11/12