The Delta School District endeavours to accommodate students at the school in their attendance area, provided that there is a suitable placement and any maximum limits on enrolment set by the Board are not exceeded.
When students are registered, they are enrolled for the program and not necessarily to a particular class or school. When enrolment reaches or exceeds the maximum planned for a particular school, it becomes necessary to have some students attend the closest school that has space.
September to June – Student Registration Form 2020-2021
Parents register their child(ren) at their neighbourhood school. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please email your registration documents to the school rather than submitting them in person. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Documentation to be Presented at Time of Registration
For all students entering K-12:
- Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students.
- original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation
- Appropriate proof of residence (purchase/rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord)
- Most recent report card from previous school, if available
For students entering Kindergarten:
As above, plus:
- Care Card, medical and emergency contact information
During July and August:
- Elementary Schools will be open for registration on Tuesday, September 1 and Wednesday, September 2, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Secondary Schools will be open for registration on Monday, August 31 and Tuesday, September 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
For students whose first language is not English (ELL):
A district assessment service for secondary students only will be offered at the end of the summer (dates TBA):
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Delta Manor Education Centre – 4750 57th St.
At these assessments, student’s English language proficiency will be assessed to determine school placement.
For Elementary students, ELL testing is done at the elementary school in September. For all International Students, testing is done when students arrive. Please contact International Student Programs at 604-952-5366 for further information.