The Delta School District endeavours to accommodate students at the school in their attendance area, provided that there is a suitable placement and any maximum limits on enrolment set by the Board are not exceeded.
When students are registered, they are enrolled for the program and not necessarily to a particular class or school. When enrolment reaches or exceeds the maximum planned for a particular school, it becomes necessary to have some students attend the closest school that has space.
September to June – Student Registration Form *Note: Please print on legal size paper. If you are using letter size paper, please ensure fit to page has been selected under Page Sizing & Handling in your printer settings.
Parents register their child(ren) at their neighbourhood school. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please email your registration documents to the school rather than submitting them in person. If further documentation is required, an appointment may need to be scheduled. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Documentation to be Presented at Time of Registration
For all students entering K-12:
- Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students
- original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation.
- Appropriate proof of residence (purchase/rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord). Please note additional documentation may be requested by the school.
- Care Card, medical and emergency contact information.
- Most recent report card from previous school, if available.
For students whose first language is not English (ELL):
A district assessment service for secondary students only will be offered on Wednesday, September 2 and Thursday, September 3, 2020:
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Delta Manor Education Centre – 4750 57th St.
At these assessments, student’s English language proficiency will be assessed to determine school placement. To book an appointment, please contact Inclusive Learning before Tuesday, September 1 at 604-952-5325.
For Elementary students, ELL testing is done at the elementary school in September. For all International Students, testing is done when students arrive. Please contact International Student Programs at 604-952-5366 for further information.