The Delta School District endeavours to accommodate students at the school in their attendance area, provided that there is a suitable placement and any maximum limits on enrolment set by the Board are not exceeded.
When students are registered, they are enrolled for the program and not necessarily to a particular class or school. When enrolment reaches or exceeds the maximum planned for a particular school, it becomes necessary to have some students attend the closest school that has space.
September to June – Student Registration Form 2019-2020
Parents register their child(ren) at their neighbourhood school. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Documentation to be Presented at Time of Registration
For all students entering K-12:
- Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students.
- original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation
- Appropriate proof of residence (purchase / rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord)
- Most recent report card from previous school, if available
For students entering Kindergarten:
As above, plus:
- Immunization record, Care Card, medical and emergency contact information
During July and August:
- Elementary Schools will be open for registration on Tuesday, August 28 and Wednesday, August 29, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Secondary Schools will be open for registration on Monday, August 27 and Tuesday, August 28, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
For students whose first language is not English (ELL):
A district assessment service for secondary students only will be offered on:
Thursday, August 30, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Delta Manor Education Centre – 4750 57th St.
At these assessments, student’s English language proficiency will be assessed to determine school placement.
Please call Inclusive Learning (604-952-5325) before Tuesday, August 28 to book an appointment. For Elementary students, ELL testing is done at the elementary school in September.