The Delta School District endeavours to accommodate students at the school in their attendance area, provided that there is a suitable placement and any maximum limits on enrolment set by the Board are not exceeded.
When students are registered, they are enrolled for the program and not necessarily to a particular class or school. When enrolment reaches or exceeds the maximum planned for a particular school, it becomes necessary to have some students attend the closest school that has space.
September to June – Student Registration Form 2020-2021
Parents register their child(ren) at their neighbourhood school. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please email your registration documents to the school rather than submitting them in person. For verification of your catchment area school, please contact the School Board Office at 604-952-5345 or 604-952-5346 or check the School Locator.
Documentation to be Presented at Time of Registration
For all students entering K-12:
- Appropriate proof of citizenship or status in Canada for both students and parents, and appropriate proof of age for students
- original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, immigration or refugee documentation.
- Appropriate proof of residence (purchase/rental agreement, current year property tax receipt, current month rental receipt showing address, or letter from landlord). Please note additional documentation may be requested by the school.
- Care Card, medical and emergency contact information.
- Most recent report card from previous school, if available.
During July and August:
- Elementary Schools will be open for registration on Tuesday, September 1 and Wednesday, September 2, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Secondary Schools will be open for registration on Monday, August 31 and Tuesday, September 1, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
For students whose first language is not English (ELL):
A district assessment service for secondary students only will be offered on Wednesday, September 2 and Thursday, September 3, 2020:
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Delta Manor Education Centre – 4750 57th St.
At these assessments, student’s English language proficiency will be assessed to determine school placement. To book an appointment, please contact Inclusive Learning before Tuesday, September 1 at 604-952-5325.
For Elementary students, ELL testing is done at the elementary school in September. For all International Students, testing is done when students arrive. Please contact International Student Programs at 604-952-5366 for further information.