Please find below COVID-related information released during the 2020/2021 school year.
COMMUNICATION FROM THE DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT
June 14, 2021 – Move to Step 2 of the BC Restart Plan – No Impact on Schools
May 28, 2021 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard re. Ministry and Fraser Health COVID-19 updates
May 20, 2021 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard re. COVID vaccinations for children 12+
April 1, 2021 – Updated message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
February 25, 2021 – Message from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
January 25, 2021 – Fraser Health COVID-19 School Update – Winter 2021
January 2, 2021 – Message from Board Chair Val Windsor
November 10, 2020 – Message to families from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
September 16, 2020 – Update to families: COVID-19 protocols
September 1, 2020 – Update to families
August 26, 2020 – Message to families from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
Friday, August 21, 2020 – Delta School District submitted its draft back to school plan to the Ministry of Education for approval. Once approved by the Ministry, we will share full details of our plan with families. This will happen no later than Wednesday, August 26. Please look out for an email from the school district next week as it will contain detailed information on our plan. In addition, we will post this information here on our COVID-19 related webpage. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding during this time.
August 13, 2020 – Message to families from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
July 30, 2020 – Message to families from Superintendent Doug Sheppard
- Elementary School Schedule (Fall 2020)
- Secondary School Schedule (Fall 2020)
- Learning Options for Families (Fall 2020)
- Delta District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Survey Responses (Fall 2020)
COMMUNICATION FROM THE MINISTRY
June 17, 2021 – News release:Recovery Plan investment supports safe K-12 return
June 14, 2021 – Year End congratulations video to B.C. students
May 28, 2021 – COVID-19 Ministry of Education Update
May 27, 2021 – Fraser Health Immunization Update
February 4, 2021 – News release: Enhanced Safety Measures for K-12 Schools (includes links to Chinese, French, Hindi and Punjabi translations)
December 17, 2020 – Letter from the Honourable Jennifer Whiteside, Minister of Education
September 4, 2020 – Back to School Factsheet
September 2, 2020 – News release: Enhanced mental health programs support a safe return to school
August 26, 2020 – News release: Detailed plans support safe return to classrooms
On July 29, 2020, Minister Fleming and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Henry announced plans to safely bring K-12 students back to school full time in September as the province moves to Stage 2 of B.C.’s Education Restart Plan.
- Delta School District COVID-19 Safety Plan (Updated February 2021)
- Daily Health Check (Updated February 2021) (Translated versions: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, Punjabi)
- Visit the BCCDC website for information on the Daily Health Check and information on whether you need a COVID test.
- School Exposures: Please visit the Fraser Health website for possible exposures to COVID-19 within schools. Click here to learn about the process of contact tracing in schools.
- COVID-19 School Cluster and Transmission Analysis (May 2021)
- Provincial COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings (Updated April 16, 2021)
- BCCDC COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools (Updated Feb 4, 2021)
- Addendum – BCCDC Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools (March 30, 2021)
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Outlook for the 2021/2022 School Year
- BC Centre for Disease Control K-12 Schools and COVID-19 website (includes links to FAQs for Parents and Staff
- Fraser Health School Resources for Parents and Teachers
- Ministry of Education’s Safe Schools website
- Ministry of Education’s Keep Learning website
- You can find updated COVID-19 testing numbers on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/hea…/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
2019/2020 School Year
Please visit our COVID-19-related Archived Information page for all communications issued to parents/guardians by the school district and province during the 2019/2020 school year.